b ri tramp fags.

Home of RI Tramp Team 2006

Sunday, October 24, 2004

RI Graduation

Wow RI Graduation eh? Mine seems like a whole lifetime ago...

RI Batch of 2000 I am, and to think it's only been 4 years, and in these 4 years I've accumalated more memories than I have in the first 16 years of my life.

My time in RI is always close to me, and I think that it was the happiest time of my life. Not in that I had the most fun, but in that it was a time of innocence. Before my eyes opened up to the reality which we call life. Things were so simple back then. Study, play, study play eat...

I'll never forget the times on the Astroturf playing soccer with my 4D guys, laughing my head off at the antics of my classmates, and of the most riduculous tackles and fumbles... Sleeping through ALL of De Cruz's classes, playing in Chinese class getting Heng Hui Joo (gosh is that how you spell her name?) all riled up with our lack of discipline (incidentally she's now Mrs something, cause she married my ex's uncle), and having the time of my life.

There was never stress in RI. You had a test later? Well just pop over to a neighbouring class and ask them for the paper and answers hehe. Failed? Aiya who cares just sign the damn test yourself and your parents will never find out haha...

Then came Sec 4 and the realisation that oh Shit! The O's are almost upon me and I haven't bloody studied hahaha... Then mugging away like mad for 2 months and taking the prelims and O's.

Ok I'm rambling. Dunno where this post is bringing me, but I'm just happy to reminisce. I just hope you guys can relate to what I'm saying.

Want you all to cherish your time in RI. The friends that you will make/ have made will stick to you for life if you forge the ties strongly enough. Just last month when I was back in Sg, I met up with Ziyang, Manson and Benedict. Don't know if you all remember them, but they were in Gym, and from my batch. And seeing them just brought me right back to RI days. The childishness (they bloody stripped me in the swimming pool!), the comradary, the fun times we had back in RI training on the tramp.

And now I've been through JC, a little bit of NS, and now I'm already into my 2nd year of Uni. But the friends I had in RI followed me through these phases... And are still with me. The lessons Gym taught me embody itself in the way I work, the way I live, the way I study.

I apologise for the jumble of a blog, but I hope that something got through to you all in the end. Maybe when I'm free I'll type a proper one rather than just whatever comes to mind. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home